11/19/2006

MY FIRST CLIMB

It was June 2001.After our Sulads Seminar we were assigned in Lapangon Mission School with my partner Jecily Amongan.We are assigned in between Bukidnon Province and Davao del Norte.Were assigned in the thick mountain of Mindanao the boundary of Bukidnon & Davao.It was morning at 6 o'clock we started to hike.

At first me and my partner have fun in hiking and making jokes on the way.Everything was okay.We hiked for more than 3 hours then after 3 hours of hiking each of us are so very silent.We started to feel tired on our hike.Then it's already 12 o'clock and it's lunch time still we're on our way.We feel so tired and we stopped for 15-20 minutes just to eat our lunch.After eating we continued our hike again and we're just like catching our breath because of the very peak mountain that we climbed.I can say that our jaw and knee will touched each other...Oh my!I was thinking a lot if I can make it.But I always encourage myself to go on to climb in the peak mountain even it's very slippery and so difficult.Two o'clock in the afternoon came still we're hiking and didn't even see even one people.I'm started to think if are there people living in the very-very far mountain?Then,of many hours of hiking in the very challenging peak. At last on our way the trail was not too hard and thought it's much better because it's going down.But oh my! so slippery and sliding for us.That if one step false move it leads to our death..we can't imagine ourself falling in very deep clip.Then with all might I hold any grasses that I've seen on the way to help me from falling.So,As I saw in my watch it is 5 o'clock in the afternoon.I ask my partner Jecily how many hour was our hiked but she told me it's near and we reach in the village before nightime.She didn't told me how many hours.I walked fast so I can reach in the village first and at the same time I can rest.Then,I saw one child carrying basket in her forehead.I stop and ask her if the village was near.But she didn't answered me and leaved me while asking he so, I concluded she didn't understand what I'm talking about cause she can't understand Cebuan dialect and only their native language and that is Manobo.At last,we reached our assigned mission school safely by God's help and protection. To be continued...and edited...

No comments: